Job Purpose: Provides administrative support in the Human Resources Department and assists with updating and maintaining HR records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee HR requests and questions
- Verifies I-9 documentation and filing, set up New Hires in HRIS (enters benefits, pay, advances, location, and other employee information)
- Assists with processing of terminations
- Makes photocopies, fax documents and performs other clerical functions
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Updates HR database with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Ensures papers and documents are filed in appropriate employee personnel files, maintains personnel file in compliance with established company policy and prepares new employee files.
- Shares information and best practices with other human resource employees.
- Processes personnel forms and ensures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
- Prepares paperwork required to place employees on payroll and establishes personnel file.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 1 year secretarial or clerical experience required
- Previous work experience or college coursework in Human Resources is preferred.
- Ability to schedule, coordinate and calendar with understanding of Outlook functions.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills; team player.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate a high level of self-assurance and professionalism.
- Skilled in managing and tracking diverse confidential and critical documents.
- Ability to learn quickly and handle multiple and often changing tasks and priorities.