PURPOSE: To provide technical support for client inquiries. Demonstrates the ability to develop material specifications, requisitions for purchase. Creates complex contractor scope of work and provides unassisted field management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a complete set of Piping Construction drawings utilizing 2-D and 3-D CADD skills with the ability to work in and reference 3D models
- Must be able to accurately draw complex Piping drawings from sketches or specifications using appropriate terms, procedures and drafting standards
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from vendor data and project scope
- Check drawings for accuracy including dimensions, spelling, drafting standards and completeness
- Review manufacturer’s drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interferences
- Communicate with the project engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences
- Advise, assist, and occasionally directs drafting personnel of a lesser grade in performance of their assigned duties
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks
- Provides technical support for client inquiries
- Demonstrates the ability to develop material specifications, requisitions for purchase
- Creates complex contractor scope of work and provides unassisted field management.
Education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred. Other education or certificates will be taken into consideration along with applicable work experience.
- Computer skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential
- Start date is immediate. 40 Hour work week (Monday- Friday) with some overtime as needed