Supports business operations by investigating and analyzing problems; develops complex technical solutions that include the design, development, coding, testing, and ongoing support of programs to serve a variety of data management purposes.
Location: Initial 1 to 2 months of employment will be required to be in El Dorado, AR working with the computer services to team on training and becoming familiar with all applicable systems. After this term, position can be based in Little Rock, AR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists and provides support to Senior Database Administrator and Computer Services Team
- Assist in the creation of SQL Crystal Reports
- Assist in SQL database queries
- Assist in ERP software support tickets (runs on a SQL database)
- Performs assigned database duties both independently and as a member of a team
- Will be required to utilize Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, and Viewpoint
- Perform analysis of data
- Assist in general duties as assigned, scanning, faxing and other routine duties
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Familiar with stored procedure, trigger, and view development
- Familiar with ASP.Net technologies
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio
- Familiar with Crystal Reports or SQL Server Reporting Services
- MySQL experience is a bonus
- Consults with Corporate leadership regarding new computer applications or revisions of existing applications; installs and upgrades new application software.
- Researches and evaluates information and procedures; performs feasibility studies and determines cost of applications.
- Prepares data to meet mandated reporting requirements; documents procedures used; analyzes errors and makes programming changes.
- Designs and modifies systems; defines input/output data relationships and operations.
- Develops specifications for writing new programs.
- Develops initial computer operation procedures for new or revised computer applications.
- Documents and debugs new or modified systems.
- Queries database to assist users and provide requested information.
- Analyzes and corrects problems with programs written by vendors or other programmers; contacts vendors for support as needed; monitors patches.
- Works with Senior Programming Analyst on coordinating projects.
- Plans for implementation of new systems.
- Stays abreast of advances in technology and keeps current on relevant technology changes.
- Performs additional related duties as required.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Two years’ experience as a Programmer. Must be able to demonstrate the development and support of multiple projects that involves systems analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and training skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of software design and implementation skills with programming languages used by the District’s computer systems.
- The operation, production capacity, programming characteristics, and limitations of the District’s computer and database systems.
- Principles and methods of system analysis and program design.
- Methods of analyzing cost effectiveness and work flow.
- Principles and methods of statistical analysis.
- Principles and methods of accounting.
- Microsoft Office products.
- Guide a software design project from inception to implementation including the design of the system, and providing leadership and guidance to programmers.
- Study, identify, and resolve complex operational problems/develop and revise computer systems applications.
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.