DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare estimates for jobsites that includes complete material take-offs and self-perform and subcontracted activities.
- Prepare proposals for customers that includes cost breakdowns, clarifications, scope of work and exclusions.
- Creating pre-construction budgets to turn-over to accounting and project management.
- Support on-site personnel with change order management; creating change orders, adjusting budget and billing sheets.
- Generating job progress tracking sheets, assist with inputting data for progress tracking and monitoring progress tracking.
- Assist in procurement of materials based on customer supplied specifications.
- Assist in engineering, modeling and creating fabrication spools and installation isometrics.
- Making work packages for on-site field supervision.
- Candidate should be pursuing a degree in civil/mechanical engineering or a construction management degree and have completed at least one year of the appropriate study.
- Start date is May 18, 2020 or first Monday after spring finals. Summer interns can work 40 Hours per week Monday – Friday.
- Candidate should be able to read and understand construction drawings, documents and specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor is a plus.