Systems Contracting Corporation is seeking an entry level engineer/project estimator. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical field with preference given to those with degrees in construction and engineering disciplines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing detailed estimates per customer requirements that includes complete material take-offs and self-perform and subcontracted activities.
- Preparing bid proposals to customers that includes cost breakdowns, clarifications, scope of work and exclusions.
- Participates in pre-bid meetings and maintains good relationships with customers.
- Creating thorough work packages to turn-over to subcontractors or field supervision.
- Creating pre-construction budgets to turn-over to accounting and project management.
- Generating pre-construction tracking sheets to turn-over to project management.
- Assist in making spool drawings for fabrication.
- Assist in procurement of materials for fabrication based on customer specifications.
- Assist in field measurements and field design.
- Support with problem solving and scheduling during pre-construction phases.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or technical construction degree.
- Candidate should be able to read and understand comprehensive construction drawings, documents and specifications.
- Ability to travel to job sites during all phases of construction.
- Ability to interact effectively with all employees of the company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD or ACORN is a plus
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Computer skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential