PURPOSE: Create piping flow schematics that are utilized in the construction of piping systems. These detailed technical drawings incorporate the input of engineers, sales and project managers and can specify dimensions, codes, materials, and production methods.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop 3D models and finish drawings from sketches and data provided by Engineers
- Must be able to visualize, conceptualize and formulate a design in 3D from similar existing designs
- Ability to learn quickly and work on multiple projects
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from customer data and project scope
- Create and assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets and detailed bill of materials
- Review customer drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interference and design requirements
- Provide technical support for project engineers and managers, client inquiries and fabrication requests
- Effectively communicate with the project engineer, project manager and customer representatives to identify project design requirements
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of drawings including dimensions, spelling, drafting standards and completeness
- Must be able to visit job sites and take measurements for equipment design
- Proficient in AutoCad 2d/3d.
- Experience in modeling vendor equipment from 2D drawings.
- Experience in maintaining line list
- Experience in maintaining P&ID construction set.
- A minimum of four years CAD experience
- A minimum of two years 3D modeling experience
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential