The Systems Group is seeking an entry level engineer/project estimator. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical field with preference given to those with degrees in construction and engineering disciplines. Successful applicants be required to travel to job sites and interact with supervision, customer and other employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing detailed estimates per customer requirements that includes complete material take-offs and self-perform and subcontracted activities.
- Preparing bid proposals to customers that includes cost breakdowns, clarifications, scope of work and exclusions.
- Participates in pre-bid meetings and maintains good relationships with customers.
- Creating thorough work packages to turn-over to subcontractors or field supervision.
- Creating pre-construction budgets to turn-over to accounting and project management.
- Generating pre-construction tracking sheets to turn-over to project management.
- Assist in making spool drawings for fabrication.
- Assist in procurement of materials for fabrication based on customer specifications.
- Assist in field measurements and field design.
- Support with problem solving and scheduling during pre-construction phases.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or technical construction degree.
- Candidate should be able to read and understand comprehensive construction drawings, documents and specifications.
- Ability to travel to job sites during all phases of construction.
- Ability to interact effectively with all employees of the company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD or ACORN is a plus
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Computer skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential