The Systems Group is seeking a Structural Steel Designer / Detailer / Drafter based in our El Dorado, AR office. This person would be responsible for producing structural steel designs (mainly supports), models, creating steel parts, and fabrication/installation drawings. This person would work in tandem with our PE Engineer, Pipe Design Manager, and Fabrication Shop manager. The primary software used will be SDS/2 as well as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant3D, and Navisworks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and Deliver customer approval drawings, fabrication drawings and installation drawings on time and accurate.
- Prepare conceptual design and draft submittal drawings for the customer, field measurement drawings, final installation and fabrication drawings.
- Revise redlines per engineer, Fabrication Shop manager, and/or customer.
- Prepare shop fabrication drawings.
- Work with checking department on drawing revisions.
- Be familiar with project scope and required schedule.
- Develop new steel support designs in communication with supervisor.
- Deliver drawings on a schedule based on project schedule requirements.
- Assist with estimating and project management.
- Site visits and field measurements as needed.
- Knowledge of construction practices, AISC requirements.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D & 3D drafting
- 2+ years of experience working with SDS/2
- 5+ years’ experience with structural steel or ornamental metal detailing and/or steel construction
- Be able to read drawings and redlines
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Rendering capabilities, a plus
- Ability to work with a team under pressure and on tight schedules
- Advance Steel Experience a plus
- General Microsoft Office 365 experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bluebeam experience
- College or Technical Degree in Drafting/Engineering is a plus but not required